SMB Resources for Your Growing Business
In today’s rapidly changing climate, many small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) are adapting to their new normal and seeking solutions to push their business forward. Now more than ever, small business owners need access to affordable, time-saving resources that allow them to be as efficient and productive as possible.
Luckily, Unishippers is here to support not just your business shipping, but your business as a whole. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite business and shipping resources tailored to help SMBs grow and succeed in today’s changing world. Read on and see how you can grow your business with these helpful SMB resources.
General SMB Resources
- Google for Small Business. Google’s Digital Toolkit for small businesses has a number of free SMB resources to help optimize your company’s online presence. With these helpful tools, you can track what people are saying about your business online, analyze your website for possible improvements, promote your business with a free Google Business Profile and much more.
- Business Class from American Express. Business Class offers valuable insights and tips to help SMBs manage their business during the COVID-19 crisis. The Business Class hub is packed with helpful articles, case studies and videos such as Cybersecurity Safeguards for Extended Work From Home and Managing International Supply Chain Disruptions During COVID-19.
- LinkedIn for Small Business. LinkedIn is another source of valuable SMB resources and information. Consider taking one of LinkedIn’s free courses or participating in one of their livestream events for small businesses. You can also follow LinkedIn’s Small Business page to stay informed about the latest SMB news and resources.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). If you haven’t already visited the SBA website, it’s time to take a look! SBA has a vast array of helpful information for SMBs. Check out their Learning Center for a variety of free online courses, learn about funding programs that may be available to you or even schedule a free appointment with a local business counselor.
- HR outsourcing. Many SMBs don’t have the time and resources needed to perform administrative duties like processing payroll, managing employee benefits, filing taxes and more. By outsourcing some of your company’s HR responsibilities to a third party, you can free up valuable time to focus on other areas of your business. Keep in mind that outsourced services can cost anywhere from approximately $50 to $1,500 per month depending on the number of employees at your company. Be sure to do your research before choosing a provider to ensure they offer the right level of services and support for your company’s needs.
- e-Commerce shipping integrations. Unishippers can help you create an even better shopping (and shipping) experience for your customers with our hassle-free e-commerce integrations. We provide the tools and resources you need to seamlessly integrate shipping processes into your e-commerce website. Learn about the shipping software we support and how it can improve your customers’ online experience.
- Unishippers’ shipping resource library. Did you know that Unishippers has an entire web portal dedicated to providing SMBs with free shipping resources? We’re always updating our site with helpful e-guides, infographics and more, such as our Guide to Understanding Freight Classification or our Checklist for Transitioning to a New 3PL.
- UPS® time and cost calculator. Unsure which delivery type is best for your business shipping? Just type in your freight or small package shipment’s destination, origin, shipment date and weight, and UPS will give you time and cost estimates for each available delivery type. Unishippers customers can also log in to our online transportation management system for small package and freight shipments to quickly compare costs and delivery speeds from a variety of carriers on one easy-to-use platform.
- Freight dictionary. Still getting a handle on your freight shipping terminology? We get it — it can be confusing! Our online freight dictionary defines all the important freight terms you should know before booking your next shipment.
Unishippers is proud to support the needs of SMBs from nearly every industry across the country. Whether it’s giving you access to affordable shipping rates or helping you optimize your shipping logistics, our goal is to give you the tools and support your business needs to succeed.
Looking for more ways to stay up-to-date on all things shipping? Subscribe to our emails and get the latest shipping tips, educational information and industry updates sent straight to your inbox.
Last Updated 7/22/2020