For better or worse, the shipping industry has always been heavily tied to the health of our global economy. The effects of the current COVID-19 crisis on both the economy and the shipping industry continue to evolve by the week – and sometimes even by the day. Now more than ever, companies need access to smart, affordable shipping solutions – and as always, Unishippers is prepared to deliver.
Read on to learn why working with a 3PL like Unishippers can help keep your business thriving no matter the current economy:
- Consistency during capacity concerns
Throughout the entire shipping industry, rates are fluctuating with the changing economy. Even industries experiencing a “beneficial” impact on demand are still feeling the effects of COVID-19. Carrier fleets involved with transporting in-demand goods, such as groceries, are struggling to keep up with demand, leading to limited capacity and increased shipping rates. The ongoing trade war with China, in addition to COVID-19 delays, has placed an extra burden on capacity as shippers look for alternate ways to source and deliver their products. For businesses that manage their own shipping without the assistance of a 3PL, these capacity issues may lead to costly cancellations and delays – negatively impacting your customer service and, most importantly, your bottom line.
- Luckily, full-service 3PLs like Unishippers can leverage their long-standing carrier relationships to help keep your shipments moving even during times of limited capacity. Through these relationships, 3PL partners can also stay up-to-speed on service disruptions and quickly pivot as needed to ensure their customers have access to the services they need.
- Peace of mind with ongoing industry updates
As the shipping industry rapidly changes in turn with current events, it may feel impossible to stay up-to-date on all things shipping – especially when you are busy managing the many other aspects of running a business. That’s where a 3PL like Unishippers can help!
- In times of crisis, Unishippers is equipped to weather the storm and continue to provide our customers with outstanding support. From weather emergencies to natural disasters and more, no matter the situation, we work hard to keep our customers informed about current events that might affect their supply chains. Unishippers customers can visit our service alerts page for information regarding current service disruptions and more. And while we’re experts on all things shipping, we are also always on the lookout for additional ways to benefit your business as a whole. During the current pandemic, you can visit our COVID-19 SMB Resource Center for more information to help you navigate these challenging times.
- Shipping success through ongoing optimization
With so many changes due to the current pandemic, you may find yourself needing to reevaluate your business shipping strategy. For many small and mid-sized businesses, this may be an overwhelming task – especially if they are not working with a 3PL provider.
- As a top 3PL provider, Unishippers does more than just keep you informed – we also help you evaluate and optimize your shipping strategy. Unishippers customers can reach out to their dedicated shipping support team with any questions or concerns, including questions about their current shipping strategy. Our easy-to-use transportation management systems, Express Manager™ and Freight Manager™, are also available to review or revise your preferred carriers and book, track and manage shipments.
While the entire industry is experiencing the challenges associated with COVID-19, a 3PL provider can help ensure your business receives the superior service and support you deserve. During these uncertain times, Unishippers is more committed than ever to supporting our customers and creating a safe and healthy workplace for our teams. Contact us today to learn how a 3PL like Unishippers can help keep your shipping moving.
Request a Free Shipping Assessment
Let us evaluate your shipping invoices to identify how we can save you time and money.
8 Reasons Why We Are Your Small Package Shipping Experts
Parcel shipping. Small package shipping. Express package shipping. No matter what you call it, the shipping experts at Unishippers are your best resource for shipping value, options and service.