What is White Glove Delivery?
Our white glove shipping service is a perfect solution when delivering your merchandise requires special handling such as; inside delivery, unpacking, inspection, and removal of packing materials. The term “white glove” is derived from the white gloves that butlers and other domestic staff members wore — conveying impeccable cleanliness and high service standards. There is a price premium for white glove service, so we recommend that you use it only in those circumstances where the added value is required.
White Glove Delivery for Businesses
If you have high-value or fragile items that require shipping, you can turn to Unishippers’ white glove delivery service. We ensure that your commercial materials are transported by leading freight carriers who handle the goods with the highest level of care.
Pricing is customized per shipment and typically predicated on the following factors:
- Geographic Location: The overall distance between the origin and destination as well as the destination’s proximity to the distribution center will impact pricing.
- Drop-off Location: Flights of stairs or other difficult-to-navigate on-premisis logistics will increase the cost of delivery.
- Product specifications: Product characteristics such as size, shape, and assembly complexity will also be used to determine rates.
Let Unishippers ensure that your next specialty shipment gets delivered without any issues. Click the link below to get started.
Common White-Glove Pick-up and Delivery Customers
Unishippers serves a wide range of clients who utilize our white glove services, such as:
- Fine furniture companies
- High-end commercial clients
- Tradeshow vendors
- Fine art and antique dealers
- And more!
Why Choose Unishippers for Commercial White Glove Shipping?
- Experience: We’ve been serving freight and parcel shipping needs of customers since 1987. With our 30+ years of experience, we know the ins and outs to effectively handle all your shipping needs.
- Exceptional customer service: When you have doubts about your shipment, you can turn to our white glove delivery logistics experts to help you tackle paperwork, shipping requirements, and answer any questions.
- White Glove Delivery Tracking: Get 24/7 online tracking with our Freight Manager from the moment your shipment is picked up, to the time of their delivery you’ll always know where your shipment is located.
- Extensive network coverage: With our network of 65+ carriers to compare rates, you can rest assured that you are getting the best deal and the fastest delivery.
- Customized moving and shipping plans: White glove delivery doesn’t often work on a “one size fits all” plan. Unishippers can help create a white glove shipping plan that meets your needs.
What You Can Expect When Utilizing a White Glove Service
- Specially Trained Staff: Shipping carriers that offer white glove delivery have a dedicated team of employees who receive special training in the handling, transportation, and delivery of high-end cargo.
- Pre-and-Post Site Inspections: The area where the cargo is placed/installed and inspected to ensure that the item will fit and that any necessary power is available.
- Packaging: Items are packed with utmost care and with the most appropriate packaging to prevent damage during transit and delivery.
- Delivery to a Specific Location within a Home or Office: White glove delivery ensures that the cargo is delivered to the specified location. If the cargo had to be disassembled for transport, it is reassembled. Products shipped from a manufacturer are assembled according to installation instructions.
White Glove Delivery Service FAQs
Don’t be afraid to ask questions about your white glove shipment. These are customary questions that you may need to have answered:
- Can I request a specific delivery time?
- Will the customer need to be present when the shipment arrives?
- Can you deliver after 6 pm or on weekends? Is there an upcharge?
- Is product assembly included?
- Is clean-up after installation included?
How Much Does White Glove Shipping Cost?
The additional costs associated with white glove shipping are based on several variables, including but not limited to:
- Delivery Speed – white glove shipping may be an add-on service to standard shipping, or it may be expedited shipping.
- Distance – mileage is part of the cost and it increases if your shipment crosses an international border.
- Product Characteristics – the size, shape, value, and weight influence the cost. Perishable products may require special handling, including dry ice and/or specialized containers.